Diagnosis Code E23.1
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code E23.1 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 643 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 644 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 645 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 253.7 - Iatrogenic pituitary dis (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Hormone-induced hypopituitarism
- Hypopituitarism due to iron overload
- Iatrogenic hypopituitarism
- Iatrogenic pituitary disorder
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code E23.1 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
Information for Patients
Your pituitary gland is a pea-sized gland at the base of your brain. The pituitary is the "master control gland" - it makes hormones that affect growth and the functions of other glands in the body.
With pituitary disorders, you often have too much or too little of one of your hormones. Injuries can cause pituitary disorders, but the most common cause is a pituitary tumor.
- ACTH (cosyntropin) stimulation test
- ACTH blood test
- Empty sella syndrome
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) blood test
- Growth hormone stimulation test
- Luteinizing hormone (LH) blood test
- Pituitary infarction