This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- adrenogenital syndromes, virilizing or feminizing, whether acquired or due to adrenal hyperplasia consequent on inborn enzyme defects in hormone synthesis
- Female adrenal pseudohermaphroditism
- Female heterosexual precocious pseudopuberty
- Male isosexual precocious pseudopuberty
- Male macrogenitosomia praecox
- Male sexual precocity with adrenal hyperplasia
- Male virilization (female)
Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.