Diagnosis Code S28
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code S28 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- 7th Characters: "With"
The word "with" should be interpreted to mean "associated with" or "due to" when it appears in a code title, the Alphabetic Index, or an instructional note in the Tabular List. The word "with" in the Alphabetic Index is sequenced immediately following the main term, not in alphabetical order.
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category S28
Information for Patients
Chest Injuries and Disorders
The chest is the part of the body between your neck and your abdomen. It includes the ribs and breastbone. Inside your chest are several organs, including the heart, lungs, and esophagus. The pleura, a large thin sheet of tissue, lines the inside of the chest cavity.
Chest injuries and disorders include
- Heart diseases
- Lung diseases and collapsed lung
- Pleural disorders
- Esophagus disorders
- Broken ribs
- Thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Disorders of the mediastinum, the space between the lungs, breastbone, and spine
- Chest tube insertion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Costochondritis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mediastinal tumor (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pectus excavatum (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rib fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)