Valid for Submission
Q79.60 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of ehlers-danlos syndrome, unspecified. The code Q79.60 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code Q79.60 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like ehlers-danlos and osteogenesis imperfecta syndrome or ehlers-danlos syndrome. The code is exempt from present on admission (POA) reporting for inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals.
Unspecified diagnosis codes like Q79.60 are acceptable when clinical information is unknown or not available about a particular condition. Although a more specific code is preferable, unspecified codes should be used when such codes most accurately reflect what is known about a patient's condition. Specific diagnosis codes should not be used if not supported by the patient's medical record.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code Q79.60 are found in the index:
- - Danlos' syndrome - See Also: Syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos; - Q79.60
- - Dermatorrhexis - See Also: Syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos; - Q79.60
- - Ehlers-Danlos syndrome - See Also: Syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos; - Q79.60
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Ehlers-Danlos and osteogenesis imperfecta syndrome
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- EHLERS DANLOS SYNDROME-. a heterogeneous group of autosomally inherited collagen diseases caused by defects in the synthesis or structure of fibrillar collagen. there are numerous subtypes: classical hypermobility vascular and others. common clinical features include hyperextensible skin and joints skin fragility and reduced wound healing capability.
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Present on Admission (POA)
Q7960 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):