2024 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q79.51
Congenital hernia of bladder
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Congenital hernia of bladder
- Herniated urinary bladder
Clinical Category is Musculoskeletal congenital conditions
- CCSR Category Code: MAL008
- Inpatient Default CCSR: Y - Yes, default inpatient assignment for principal diagnosis or first-listed diagnosis.
- Outpatient Default CCSR: Y - Yes, default outpatient assignment for principal diagnosis or first-listed diagnosis.
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The following annotation back-references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index. The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10-CM code(s).
Present on Admission (POA)
CMS POA Indicator Options and Definitions
|POA Indicator||Reason for Code||CMS will pay the CC/MCC DRG?|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission.||YES|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission.||NO|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||NO|
|W||Clinically undetermined - unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||YES|
|1||Unreported/Not used - Exempt from POA reporting.||NO|
- FY 2024 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2023 through 9/30/2024
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016. This was the first year ICD-10-CM was implemented into the HIPAA code set.
 Chronic - a chronic condition code indicates a condition lasting 12 months or longer and its effect on the patient based on one or both of the following criteria:
- The condition results in the need for ongoing intervention with medical products,treatment, services, and special equipment
- The condition places limitations on self-care, independent living, and social interactions.