2024 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code M31.11
Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation-associated thrombotic microangiopathy [HSCT-TMA]
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The following annotation back-references are applicable to this diagnosis code. The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10-CM codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more.
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy TA-TMA
Code FirstCode First
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions, the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists, there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation.
- if applicable:
- complications of bone marrow transplant T86.0
- complications of stem cell transplant T86.5
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code
The “use additional code” indicates that a secondary code could be used to further specify the patient’s condition. This note is not mandatory and is only used if enough information is available to assign an additional code.
- code to identify specific organ dysfunction, such as:
- acute kidney failure N17
- acute respiratory distress syndrome J80
- capillary leak syndrome I78.8
- diffuse alveolar hemorrhage R04.89
- encephalopathy metabolic septic G93.41
- fluid overload, unspecified E87.70
- graft versus host disease D89.81
- hemolytic uremic syndrome D59.3
- hepatic failure K72
- hepatic veno-occlusive disease K76.5
- idiopathic interstitial pneumonia J84.11
- sinusoidal obstruction syndrome K76.5
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The following annotation back-references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index. The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10-CM code(s).
M3111 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10-CM code(s):
- FY 2024 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2023 through 9/30/2024
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022