Valid for Submission
M31.7 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of microscopic polyangiitis. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M31.7 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like microscopic polyarteritis nodosa, microscopic polyarteritis nodosa with multi-organ involvement, microscopic polyarteritis nodosa with single organ involvement, polyarteritis nodosa, primary necrotizing systemic vasculitis, respiratory disorder co-occurrent and due to microscopic polyangiitis, etc
|Short Description:||Microscopic polyangiitis|
|Long Description:||Microscopic polyangiitis|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code M31.7:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Microscopic polyarteritis
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- polyarteritis nodosa M30.0
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M31.7 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Microscopic polyarteritis nodosa
- Microscopic polyarteritis nodosa with multi-organ involvement
- Microscopic polyarteritis nodosa with single organ involvement
- Polyarteritis nodosa
- Primary necrotizing systemic vasculitis
- Respiratory disorder co-occurrent and due to microscopic polyangiitis
- MICROSCOPIC POLYANGIITIS-. a primary systemic vasculitis of small and some medium sized vessels. it is characterized by a tropism for kidneys and lungs positive association with anti neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies anca and a paucity of immunoglobulin deposits in vessel walls.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M31.7 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 545 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 546 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 547 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert M31.7 to ICD-9
- 446.0 - Polyarteritis nodosa (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Systemic connective tissue disorders (M30-M36)
Other necrotizing vasculopathies (M31)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020