Valid for Submission
M31.4 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of aortic arch syndrome [takayasu]. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M31.4 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like aortitis or takayasu's disease.
|Short Description:||Aortic arch syndrome [Takayasu]|
|Long Description:||Aortic arch syndrome [Takayasu]|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M31.4 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Takayasu's disease
- AORTIC ARCH SYNDROMES-. conditions resulting from abnormalities in the arteries branching from the ascending aorta the curved portion of the aorta. these syndromes are results of occlusion or abnormal blood flow to the head neck or arm region leading to neurological defects and weakness in an arm. these syndromes are associated with vascular malformations; atherosclerosis; trauma; and blood clots.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M31.4 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 545 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 546 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 547 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert M31.4 to ICD-9
- 446.7 - Takayasu's disease
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Systemic connective tissue disorders (M30-M36)
Other necrotizing vasculopathies (M31)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020