Diagnosis Code D48.61
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code D48.61 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 238.3 - Unc behav neo breast (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
Most women experience breast changes at some time. Your age, hormone levels, and medicines you take may cause lumps, bumps, and discharges (fluids that are not breast milk).
If you have a breast lump, pain, discharge or skin irritation, see your health care provider. Minor and serious breast problems have similar symptoms. Although many women fear cancer, most breast problems are not cancer.
Some common breast changes are
- Fibrocystic breast changes - lumpiness, thickening and swelling, often just before a woman's period
- Cysts - fluid-filled lumps
- Fibroadenomas - solid, round, rubbery lumps that move easily when pushed, occurring most in younger women
- Intraductal papillomas - growths similar to warts near the nipple
- Blocked milk ducts
- Milk production when a woman is not breastfeeding
NIH: National Cancer Institute
- Breast - premenstrual tenderness and swelling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast biopsy -- stereotactic (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast biopsy -- ultrasound (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast infection (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast lump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast MRI scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast self exam (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breast skin and nipple changes (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Fibroadenoma - breast (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Fibrocystic breast disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gynecomastia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Intraductal papilloma (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nipple problems (Medical Encyclopedia)