Valid for Submission
D46.9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of myelodysplastic syndrome, unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code D46.9 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome related to alkylating agent, acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome related to radiation, acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome related to topoisomerase type 2 inhibitor, childhood myelodysplastic syndrome, myelodysplastic syndrome , therapy related acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome, etc
|Short Description:||Myelodysplastic syndrome, unspecified|
|Long Description:||Myelodysplastic syndrome, unspecified|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code D46.9:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D46.9 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome related to alkylating agent
- Acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome related to radiation
- Acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome related to topoisomerase type 2 inhibitor
- Childhood myelodysplastic syndrome
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Therapy related acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome
- Therapy-related myelodysplastic syndrome
- GATA2 DEFICIENCY-. a rare disorder of the immune system with wide ranging effects which include gata2 transcription factor dysfunction immunodeficiency myelodysplastic syndrome ineffective blood cell production lung disease and problems of the vascular and lymphatic system.
- MYELODYSPLASTIC SYNDROMES-. clonal hematopoietic stem cell disorders characterized by dysplasia in one or more hematopoietic cell lineages. they predominantly affect patients over 60 are considered preleukemic conditions and have high probability of transformation into acute myeloid leukemia.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code D46.9 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 811 - RED BLOOD CELL DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 812 - RED BLOOD CELL DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC
Convert D46.9 to ICD-9
- 238.75 - Myelodysplastic synd NOS (Approximate Flag)
Neoplasms of uncertain behavior, polycythemia vera and myelodysplastic syndromes (D37-D48)
Myelodysplastic syndromes (D46)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020