D47.09 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other mast cell neoplasms of uncertain behavior. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Localized extracutaneous mastocytosis
- Mast cell disorder
- Mast cell neoplasm
- Systemic mast cell disease
- Mast-Cell Sarcoma-. a unifocal malignant tumor that consists of atypical pathological mast cells without systemic involvement. it causes local destructive growth in organs other than in skin or bone marrow.
- Mastocytoma-. a solid tumor consisting of a dense infiltration of mast cells. it is generally benign.
- Mastocytoma, Skin-. a variant of cutaneous mastocytosis which occurs as a single lesion usually in infants. it is found mostly in the wrist and trunk and there is no atypical cytomorphology.
- Mast Cells-. granulated cells that are found in almost all tissues, most abundantly in the skin and the gastrointestinal tract. like the basophils, mast cells contain large amounts of histamine and heparin. unlike basophils, mast cells normally remain in the tissues and do not circulate in the blood. mast cells, derived from the bone marrow stem cells, are regulated by the stem cell factor.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to this diagnosis code:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Extracutaneous mastocytoma
- Mast cell tumor NOS
- Mastocytoma NOS
- Mastocytosis NOS
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
- - Mastocytoma (extracutaneous) - D47.09
- - Mastocytosis - D47.09
- - Neoplasm, neoplastic - See Also: Table of Neoplasms;
- - mast cell, of uncertain behavior NEC - D47.09
D4709 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
Convert to ICD-9 Code
|Source ICD-10 Code||Target ICD-9 Code|
|D47.09||238.5 - Mastocytoma NOS|
|Approximate Flag - The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.|
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018