Diagnosis Code D44.10
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code D44.10 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 643 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 644 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 645 - ENDOCRINE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 237.2 - Unc behav neo adrenal (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Neoplasm of adrenal cortex
- Neoplasm of adrenal medulla
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of adrenal cortex
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of adrenal gland
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of adrenal medulla
Information for Patients
Adrenal Gland Disorders
The adrenal glands are small glands located on top of each kidney. They produce hormones that you can't live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Cortisol helps you respond to stress and has many other important functions.
With adrenal gland disorders, your glands make too much or not enough hormones. In Cushing's syndrome, there's too much cortisol, while with Addison's disease, there is too little. Some people are born unable to make enough cortisol.
Causes of adrenal gland disorders include
- Genetic mutations
- Tumors including pheochromocytomas
- A problem in another gland, such as the pituitary, which helps to regulate the adrenal gland
- Certain medicines
Treatment depends on which problem you have. Surgery or medicines can treat many adrenal gland disorders.
NIH: National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- 17-hydroxycorticosteroids (Medical Encyclopedia)
- 17-OH progesterone (Medical Encyclopedia)
- 24-hour urinary aldosterone excretion rate (Medical Encyclopedia)
- ACTH (cosyntropin) stimulation test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- ACTH blood test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Acute adrenal crisis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Adrenal glands (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Adrenalectomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Aldosterone blood test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperaldosteronism - primary and secondary (Medical Encyclopedia)