Valid for Submission
D44.11 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of neoplasm of uncertain behavior of right adrenal gland. The code D44.11 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code D44.11 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like mass of right adrenal gland, neoplasm of uncertain behavior of adrenal gland or neoplasm of uncertain behavior of right adrenal gland.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Mass of right adrenal gland
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of adrenal gland
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of right adrenal gland
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Convert D44.11 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code D44.11 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Adrenal Gland Disorders
The adrenal glands are small glands located on top of each kidney. They produce hormones that you can't live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Cortisol helps you respond to stress and has many other important functions.
With adrenal gland disorders, your glands make too much or not enough hormones. In Cushing's syndrome, there's too much cortisol, while with Addison's disease, there is too little. Some people are born unable to make enough cortisol.
Causes of adrenal gland disorders include
- Genetic mutations
- Tumors including pheochromocytomas
- A problem in another gland, such as the pituitary, which helps to regulate the adrenal gland
- Certain medicines
Treatment depends on which problem you have. Surgery or medicines can treat many adrenal gland disorders.
NIH: National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- 17-hydroxycorticosteroids (Medical Encyclopedia)
- 17-OH progesterone (Medical Encyclopedia)
- 24-hour urinary aldosterone excretion rate (Medical Encyclopedia)
- ACTH (cosyntropin) stimulation test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- ACTH blood test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Acute adrenal crisis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Adrenal glands (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Adrenalectomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Aldosterone blood test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperaldosteronism - primary and secondary (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]