R63.31 - Pediatric feeding disorder, acute
|Short Description:||Pediatric feeding disorder, acute|
|Long Description:||Pediatric feeding disorder, acute|
|Status:||Valid for Submission|
R63.31 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of pediatric feeding disorder, acute. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code R63.31 is applicable for patients aged 0 through 17 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to this diagnosis code:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Pediatric feeding dysfunction, acute
Code AlsoCode Also
A "code also" note instructs that two codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but this note does not provide sequencing direction.
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
- - Disorder (of) - See Also: Disease;
- - feeding (infant or child) - See Also: Disorder, eating; - R63.30
- - Dysfunction
- - feeding, pediatric
- - acute - R63.31
- - feeding, pediatric
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Pediatric diagnoses - The Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies in pediatric cases by checking a patient's age and any diagnosis on the patient's record. The pediatric code edits apply to patients age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye's syndrome, routine child health exam).
R6331 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- R63.3 - Feeding difficulties
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022