Diagnosis Code R26
Information for Medical Professionals
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code R26 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means “NOT CODED HERE!” An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- ataxia NOS (R27.0)
- hereditary ataxia (G11.-)
- locomotor (syphilitic) ataxia (A52.11)
- immobility syndrome (paraplegic) (M62.3)
Information for Patients
We walk thousands of steps each day. We walk to do our daily activities, get around, and exercise. Having a problem with walking can make daily life more difficult.
The pattern of how you walk is called your gait. A variety of problems can cause an abnormal gait and lead to problems with walking. These include:
- Injuries, diseases, or abnormal development of the muscles or bones of your legs or feet
- Movement disorders such as Parkinson's disease
- Diseases such as arthritis or multiple sclerosis
- Vision or balance problems
Treatment of walking problems depends on the cause. Physical therapy, surgery, or mobility aids may help.
- Walking abnormalities