Diagnosis Code E85.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code E85.9 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 545 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 546 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 547 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 277.30 - Amyloidosis NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Dilated cardiomyopathy secondary to amyloidosis
- Dilated cardiomyopathy secondary to infiltration
- Dilated cardiomyopathy secondary to metabolic disorder
- Entrapment syndrome due to amyloid
- Hypothyroidism due to amyloidosis
- Hypothyroidism due to infiltrative disease
- Nephrotic syndrome associated with another disorder
- Nephrotic syndrome in amyloidosis
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy secondary to amyloidosis
- Secondary restrictive cardiomyopathy
Information for Patients
Amyloidosis occurs when abnormal proteins called amyloids build up and form deposits. The deposits can collect in organs such as the kidney and heart. This can cause the organs to become stiff and unable to work the way they should.
There are three main types of amyloidosis:
- Primary - with no known cause
- Secondary - caused by another disease, including some types of cancer
- Familial - passed down through genes
Symptoms can vary, depending upon which organs are affected. Treatment depends on the type of amyloidosis you have. The goal is to help with symptoms and limit the production of proteins. If another disease is the cause, it needs to be treated.
- Cardiac amyloidosis
- Hereditary amyloidosis
- Primary amyloidosis
- Secondary systemic amyloidosis