Valid for Submission
D49.519 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of neoplasm of unspecified behavior of unspecified kidney. The code D49.519 is valid during the fiscal year 2022 from October 01, 2021 through September 30, 2022 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code D49.519 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acquired renal cyst with neoplastic change, acquired renal cystic disease, adrenal gland uninvolved by renal tumor, erythrocytosis due to renal tumor, familial papillary thyroid carcinoma with renal papillary neoplasia syndrome , gerota's fascia uninvolved by renal tumor, etc.
Unspecified diagnosis codes like D49.519 are acceptable when clinical information is unknown or not available about a particular condition. Although a more specific code is preferable, unspecified codes should be used when such codes most accurately reflect what is known about a patient's condition. Specific diagnosis codes should not be used if not supported by the patient's medical record.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acquired renal cyst with neoplastic change
- Acquired renal cystic disease
- Adrenal gland uninvolved by renal tumor
- Erythrocytosis due to renal tumor
- Familial papillary thyroid carcinoma with renal papillary neoplasia syndrome
- Gerota's fascia uninvolved by renal tumor
- Inappropriate secondary erythrocytosis
- Neoplasm of kidney
- Neoplasm of parenchyma of kidney
- Neoplasm of renal pelvis
- Papillary thyroid carcinoma
- Papillary thyroid carcinoma with renal papillary neoplasia
- Primary differentiated carcinoma of thyroid gland
- Renal sinus vessel involved by tumor
- Renal tumor limited to kidney macroscopically
- Renal vein uninvolved by renal tumor
- Soft tissue of renal sinus involved by tumor
- Tumor of renal calyx
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
|MS-DRG||MS-DRG Title||MCD||Relative Weight|
|656||KIDNEY AND URETER PROCEDURES FOR NEOPLASM WITH MCC||11||3.2817|
|657||KIDNEY AND URETER PROCEDURES FOR NEOPLASM WITH CC||11||1.9341|
|658||KIDNEY AND URETER PROCEDURES FOR NEOPLASM WITHOUT CC/MCC||11||1.5791|
The relative weight of a diagnostic related group determines the reimbursement rate based on the severity of a patient's illness and the associated cost of care during hospitalization.
D49519 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
Convert D49.519 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code D49.519 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.