Diagnosis Code T74.4XXA
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Pediatric diagnoses Pediatric diagnoses
Pediatric. Age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye’s syndrome, routine child health exam).
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code T74.4XXA is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 922 - OTHER INJURY, POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECT DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 923 - OTHER INJURY, POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECT DIAGNOSES WITHOUT MCC
- Shaken baby syndrome
- Victim of child abuse
Information for Patients
Child abuse is doing something or failing to do something that results in harm to a child or puts a child at risk of harm. Child abuse can be physical, sexual or emotional. Neglect, or not providing for a child's needs, is also a form of abuse.
Most abused children suffer greater emotional than physical damage. An abused child may become depressed. He or she may withdraw, think of suicide or become violent. An older child may use drugs or alcohol, try to run away or abuse others.
Child abuse is a serious problem. If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, call the police or your local child welfare agency.
- Child abuse - physical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Child neglect and emotional abuse (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Shaken baby syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)