Valid for Submission
T74.51XA is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of adult forced sexual exploitation, confirmed, initial encounter. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code T74.51XA is applicable to adult patients aged 15 through 124 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Adult forced sexual exploitation, confirmed, init|
|Long Description:||Adult forced sexual exploitation, confirmed, initial encounter|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Adult diagnoses - Adult. Age range is 15–124 years inclusive (e.g., senile delirium, mature cataract).
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code T74.51XA is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 922 - OTHER INJURY, POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECT DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 923 - OTHER INJURY, POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECT DIAGNOSES WITHOUT MCC
T7451XA replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- T74.21XA - Adult sexual abuse, confirmed, initial encounter
Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00–T98)
Other and unspecified effects of external causes (T66-T78)
Adult and child abuse, neglect and oth maltreat, confirmed (T74)
- FY 2019 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020