Valid for Submission
I50.32 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of chronic diastolic (congestive) heart failure. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code I50.32 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like chronic diastolic heart failure or diastolic heart failure.
The code is commonly used in cardiology medical specialties to specify clinical concepts such as heart failure.
|Short Description:||Chronic diastolic (congestive) heart failure|
|Long Description:||Chronic diastolic (congestive) heart failure|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code I50.32 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Chronic diastolic heart failure
- Diastolic heart failure
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code I50.32 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 222 - CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR IMPLANT WITH CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION WITH AMI/HF/SHOCK WITH MCC
- 223 - CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR IMPLANT WITH CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION WITH AMI/HF/SHOCK WITHOUT MCC
Convert I50.32 to ICD-9
- 428.32 - Chr diastolic hrt fail (Approximate Flag)
- 428.32 - Chr diastolic hrt fail (Combination Flag)
- 428.0 - CHF NOS (Combination Flag)
Diseases of the circulatory system (I00–I99)
Other forms of heart disease (I30-I52)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020