Valid for Submission
I50.814 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of right heart failure due to left heart failure. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Right heart failure due to left heart failure|
|Long Description:||Right heart failure due to left heart failure|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code I50.814:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Right ventricular failure secondary to left ventricular failure
Code Also Code Also
A "code also" note instructs that two codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but this note does not provide sequencing direction.
- the type of left ventricular failure, if known I50.2 I50.43
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Right heart failure with but not due to left heart failure I50.82
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code I50.814 are found in the index:
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code I50.814 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 222 - CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR IMPLANT WITH CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION WITH AMI/HF/SHOCK WITH MCC
- 223 - CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR IMPLANT WITH CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION WITH AMI/HF/SHOCK WITHOUT MCC
I50814 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- I50.9 - Heart failure, unspecified
Convert I50.814 to ICD-9
- 428.0 - CHF NOS (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the circulatory system (I00–I99)
Other forms of heart disease (I30-I52)
- FY 2018 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020