Not Valid for Submission
I50.8 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of other heart failure. The code is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Other heart failure|
|Long Description:||Other heart failure|
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
- I50.81 - Right heart failure
- I50.810 - Right heart failure, unspecified
- I50.811 - Acute right heart failure
- I50.812 - Chronic right heart failure
- I50.813 - Acute on chronic right heart failure
- I50.814 - Right heart failure due to left heart failure
- I50.82 - Biventricular heart failure
- I50.83 - High output heart failure
- I50.84 - End stage heart failure
- I50.89 - Other heart failure
- HEART FAILURE-. a heterogeneous condition in which the heart is unable to pump out sufficient blood to meet the metabolic need of the body. heart failure can be caused by structural defects functional abnormalities ventricular dysfunction or a sudden overload beyond its capacity. chronic heart failure is more common than acute heart failure which results from sudden insult to cardiac function such as myocardial infarction.
- HEART FAILURE SYSTOLIC-. heart failure caused by abnormal myocardial contraction during systole leading to defective cardiac emptying.
- HEART FAILURE DIASTOLIC-. heart failure caused by abnormal myocardial relaxation during diastole leading to defective cardiac filling.
Diseases of the circulatory system (I00–I99)
Other forms of heart disease (I30-I52)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021