Valid for Submission
I50.82 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of biventricular heart failure. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code I50.82 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like biventricular congestive heart failure or left heart failure.
|Short Description:||Biventricular heart failure|
|Long Description:||Biventricular heart failure|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code I50.82:
Code Also Code Also
A "code also" note instructs that two codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but this note does not provide sequencing direction.
- the type of left ventricular failure as systolic, diastolic, or combined, if known I50.2 I50.43
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code I50.82 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Biventricular congestive heart failure
- Left heart failure
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code I50.82 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 222 - CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR IMPLANT WITH CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION WITH AMI, HF OR SHOCK WITH MCC
- 223 - CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR IMPLANT WITH CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION WITH AMI, HF OR SHOCK WITHOUT MCC
I5082 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- I50.9 - Heart failure, unspecified
Convert I50.82 to ICD-9
- 428.9 - Heart failure NOS (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the circulatory system (I00–I99)
Other forms of heart disease (I30-I52)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021