C96.A is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of histiocytic sarcoma. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Fibroblastic reticular cell neoplasm
- Histiocytic medullary reticulosis
- Histiocytic sarcoma
- Malignant histiocytic disorder
- Malignant histiocytosis
- Malignant histiocytosis involving skin
- Malignant histiocytosis of extranodal AND/OR solid organ site
- Malignant histiocytosis of intra-abdominal lymph nodes
- Malignant histiocytosis of intrapelvic lymph nodes
- Malignant histiocytosis of intrathoracic lymph nodes
- Malignant histiocytosis of lymph nodes of axilla and upper limb
- Malignant histiocytosis of lymph nodes of axilla AND/OR upper limb
- Malignant histiocytosis of lymph nodes of head, face AND/OR neck
- Malignant histiocytosis of lymph nodes of inguinal region and lower limb
- Malignant histiocytosis of lymph nodes of inguinal region AND/OR lower limb
- Malignant histiocytosis of lymph nodes of multiple sites
- Malignant histiocytosis of spleen
- Histiocytic Sarcoma-. malignant neoplasms composed of macrophages or dendritic cells. most histiocytic sarcomas present as localized tumor masses without a leukemic phase. though the biological behavior of these neoplasms resemble lymphomas, their cell lineage is histiocytic not lymphoid.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to this diagnosis code:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Malignant histiocytosis
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
- - Lymphoma (of) (malignant) - C85.90
Convert to ICD-9 Code
|Source ICD-10 Code||Target ICD-9 Code|
|C96.A||202.30 - Mlg hist unsp xtrndl org|
|Approximate Flag - The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.|
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs. It is made up of:
- Lymph - a fluid that contains white blood cells that defend against germs
- Lymph vessels - vessels that carry lymph throughout your body. They are different from blood vessels.
- Lymph nodes - glands found throughout the lymph vessels. Along with your spleen, these nodes are where white blood cells fight infection.
Your bone marrow and thymus produce the cells in lymph. They are part of the system, too.
The lymphatic system clears away infection and keeps your body fluids in balance. If it's not working properly, fluid builds in your tissues and causes swelling, called lymphedema. Other lymphatic system problems can include infections, blockage, and cancer.
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016 (First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)