Diagnosis Code Z96.0
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Unacceptable principal diagnosis Unacceptable principal diagnosis
There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code Z96.0 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 698 - OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 699 - OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 700 - OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V43.5 - Bladder replacement NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Finding of device of vagina
- History of artificial bladder
- History of Mitrofanoff construction of continent urinary reservoir
- History of reimplantation of ureter
- History of urinary bladder replacement
- Indwelling urinary catheter bulb in urethra
- Suprapubic urinary catheter in situ
- Urinary catheter in situ
- Vaginal pessary in situ