Valid for Submission
T49.7X3A is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of poisoning by dental drugs, topically applied, assault, initial encounter. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Poisoning by dental drugs, topically applied, assault, init|
|Long Description:||Poisoning by dental drugs, topically applied, assault, initial encounter|
This code was replaced in the 2020 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2019. This code was replaced for the FY 2020 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020).
- K59.03 - Drug induced constipation
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code T49.7X3A is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 917 - POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECTS OF DRUGS WITH MCC
- 918 - POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECTS OF DRUGS WITHOUT MCC
Convert T49.7X3A to ICD-9
- 976.7 - Pois-topical dental drug (Combination Flag)
- E962.0 - Assault-pois w medic agt (Combination Flag)
Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00–T98)
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances (T36-T50)
Topical skin/eye/ENT/dental drugs (T49)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020