Valid for Submission
M33.00 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of juvenile dermatomyositis, organ involvement unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M33.00 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like childhood type dermatomyositis or dermatomyositis.
|Short Description:||Juvenile dermatomyositis, organ involvement unspecified|
|Long Description:||Juvenile dermatomyositis, organ involvement unspecified|
This code was replaced in the 2020 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2019. This code was replaced for the FY 2020 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020).
- M33.03 - Juvenile dermatomyositis without myopathy
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M33.00 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Childhood type dermatomyositis
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M33.00 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 545 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 546 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITH CC
- 547 - CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert M33.00 to ICD-9
- 710.3 - Dermatomyositis (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Systemic connective tissue disorders (M30-M36)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - Code Updated, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- New Description: Juvenile dermatomyositis, organ involvement unspecified
- Previous Description: Juvenile dermatopolymyositis, organ involvement unspecified
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020