Diagnosis Code C91.12
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code C91.12 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 820 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITH MCC
- 821 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITH CC
- 822 - LYMPHOMA AND LEUKEMIA WITH MAJOR O.R. PROCEDURE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 204.12 - Chr lymp leuk in relapse
Information for Patients
Also called: CLL
Leukemia is cancer of the white blood cells. White blood cells help your body fight infection. Your blood cells form in your bone marrow. In leukemia, the bone marrow produces abnormal white blood cells. These cells crowd out the healthy blood cells, making it hard for blood to do its work. In chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), there are too many lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell.
CLL is the second most common type of leukemia in adults. It often occurs during or after middle age, and is rare in children.
Usually CLL does not cause any symptoms. If you have symptoms, they may include
- Painless swelling of the lymph nodes in the neck, underarm, stomach, or groin
- Pain or a feeling of fullness below the ribs
- Fever and infection
- Weight loss
Tests that examine the blood, bone marrow, and lymph nodes diagnose CLL. Your doctor may choose to just monitor you until symptoms appear or change. Treatments include radiation therapy, chemotherapy, surgery to remove the spleen, and targeted therapy. Targeted therapy uses substances that attack cancer cells without harming normal cells.
NIH: National Cancer Institute
- After chemotherapy - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- B-cell leukemia/lymphoma panel (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bone marrow transplant (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Bone marrow transplant - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Understanding Chemotherapy - NIH - Easy-to-Read (National Cancer Institute)
- What to Know about External Beam Radiation Therapy - NIH - Easy-to-Read (National Cancer Institute)