Diagnosis Code Z87.39
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Unacceptable principal diagnosis Unacceptable principal diagnosis
There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V13.59 - Hx musculoskletl dis NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code Z87.39 is exempt from POA reporting.
- History of acquired spondylolisthesis
- History of arthritis
- History of back pain
- History of disorder of connective tissue
- History of disorder of soft tissue
- History of disruption of anterior cruciate ligament
- History of disruption of both cruciate ligaments
- History of disruption of capsular ligament of knee
- History of disruption of knee ligament
- History of disruption of lateral collateral ligament
- History of disruption of medial collateral ligament
- History of disruption of posterior cruciate ligament
- History of Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- History of gout
- History of knee problem
- History of musculoskeletal disease
- History of osteoarthritis
- History of osteomyelitis
- History of osteopenia
- History of osteopenia resolved
- History of osteoporosis
- History of osteoporosis resolved
- History of pain of multiple joints
- History of polymyalgia rheumatica
- History of rheumatoid arthritis
- History of significant knee disorder
- History of tendinitis