Diagnosis Code T75.1XXS
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code T75.1XXS is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 922 - OTHER INJURY, POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECT DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 923 - OTHER INJURY, POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECT DIAGNOSES WITHOUT MCC
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code T75.1XXS is exempt from POA reporting.
Information for Patients
People drown when they get too much water in their lungs. You can drown in as little as an inch or two of water. Babies can drown in a sink or bathtub. Preschoolers are most likely to drown in a swimming pool. People who have seizure disorders are also at risk in the water. Drowning can happen quickly and silently.
Drowning precautions should include
- Fences around pools
- Supervising children near any body of water, including tubs
- Not swimming or boating when under the influence of alcohol or sedatives
- Wearing life jackets when boating
- Learning CPR
- Near drowning