Diagnosis Code Z51.5
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V66.7 - Encountr palliative care
- Seen by palliative care medicine service
- Seen by palliative care physician
- Seen by palliative care service
- Under care of palliative care physician
Information for Patients
Palliative care is treatment of the discomfort, symptoms, and stress of serious illness. It provides relief from distressing symptoms including
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of appetite
- Problems with sleep
It can also help you deal with the side effects of the medical treatments you're receiving.
Hospice care, care at the end of life, always includes palliative care. But you may receive palliative care at any stage of an illness. The goal is to make you comfortable and improve your quality of life.
NIH: National Institute of Nursing Research
- Finding Family Support Resource Card - NIH (National Institute of Nursing Research)
- Palliative care - fear and anxiety (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Palliative care - fluid, food, and digestion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Palliative care - managing pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Palliative care - shortness of breath (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Palliative care - what the final days are like (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pediatric Palliative Care at a Glance - NIH (National Institute of Nursing Research)
- What is palliative care? (Medical Encyclopedia)