Use the alphabetical index for the main term care (of) (for) (following) to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Care (of) (for) (following)
- child (routine) - Z76.2 Encounter for health supervision and care of other healthy infant and child
- family member (handicapped) (sick)
- foundling - Z76.1 Encounter for health supervision and care of foundling
- holiday relief - Z75.5 Holiday relief care
- improper - See: Maltreatment;
- lack of (at or after birth) (infant) - See: Maltreatment, child, neglect;
- lactating mother - Z39.1 Encounter for care and examination of lactating mother
- palliative - Z51.5 Encounter for palliative care
- respite - Z75.5 Holiday relief care
- well-baby - Z76.2 Encounter for health supervision and care of other healthy infant and child
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to care (of) (for) (following) within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Postpartum Period: In females, the period that is shortly after giving birth (PARTURITION).