Diagnosis Code R62.59
Information for Medical Professionals
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code R62.59 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 640 - MISCELLANEOUS DISORDERS OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM , FLUIDS AND ELECTROLYTES WITH MCC
- 641 - MISCELLANEOUS DISORDERS OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM , FLUIDS AND ELECTROLYTES WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 783.40 - Lack norm physio dev NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
As children grow older, they develop in several different ways. Child development includes physical, intellectual, social, and emotional changes.
Children grow and mature at very different rates. It's hard to say what "normal" is. There can be big differences in height, weight, and build among healthy children. Diet, exercise and genes are all factors. Some children begin puberty or are close to it before they are teenagers.
Children start to become more independent from their parents. They may rebel. They also look outward - to their friends, who are usually of the same sex. Peer approval becomes very important. Your child may try new behaviors to be part of "the group." This can also be the time that parents or teachers recognize learning disabilities or behavioral problems in children. These problems can get worse as time goes on, so it is important to get help early.
- Developmental milestones record (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Developmental milestones record - 4 years (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Developmental milestones record - 5 years (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Developmental Screening (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) - In English and Spanish
- Growth chart (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Normal growth and development (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Preschooler development (Medical Encyclopedia)
- School-age children development (Medical Encyclopedia)