Diagnosis Code O07.0
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses Maternity diagnoses
Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 638.0 - Attem abort w pelvic inf (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Failed attempted abortion complicated by genital-pelvic infection
- Failed attempted abortion with endometritis
- Failed attempted abortion with genital tract or pelvic infection
- Failed attempted abortion with parametritis
- Failed attempted abortion with pelvic peritonitis
- Failed attempted abortion with salpingitis
- Failed attempted abortion with salpingo-oophoritis
- Failed attempted medical abortion
- Failed medical abortion, complicated by genital tract and pelvic infection
- Genital tract infection due to incomplete induced termination of pregnancy
- Illegal abortion incomplete
- Incomplete illegal abortion with genital tract or pelvic infection
- Incomplete legal abortion
- Incomplete legal abortion with genital tract or pelvic infection
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code O07.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Endometritis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Oophoritis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Parametritis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Pelvic peritonitis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Salpingitis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Salpingo-oophoritis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- sepsis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy (O07.37)
- urinary tract infection following failed attempted termination of pregnancy (O07.38)
Information for Patients
An abortion is a procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus. The procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.
The decision to end a pregnancy is very personal. If you are thinking of having an abortion, most health care providers advise counseling.
- Abortion - medical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ending pregnancy with medications (Medical Encyclopedia)