Valid for Submission
O04.85 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other venous complications following (induced) termination of pregnancy. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code O04.85 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Oth venous comp following (induced) termination of pregnancy|
|Long Description:||Other venous complications following (induced) termination of pregnancy|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code O04.85 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
Convert O04.85 to ICD-9
- 635.72 - Leg ab w compl NEC-comp (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Pregnancy with abortive outcome (O00-O08)
Complications following termination of pregnancy (O04) (induced)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020