Valid for Submission
O07.33 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of metabolic disorder following failed attempted termination of pregnancy. The code O07.33 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code O07.33 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like failed attempted termination of pregnancy complicated by metabolic disorder, failed attempted termination of pregnancy with metabolic disorder, incomplete legal termination of pregnancy or incomplete legal termination of pregnancy with metabolic disorder.
The code O07.33 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code O07.33 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Failed attempted termination of pregnancy complicated by metabolic disorder
- Failed attempted termination of pregnancy with metabolic disorder
- Incomplete legal termination of pregnancy
- Incomplete legal termination of pregnancy with metabolic disorder
Convert O07.33 to ICD-9 Code
Information for Patients
An abortion is a procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus. The procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.
The decision to end a pregnancy is very personal. If you are thinking of having an abortion, most health care providers advise counseling.
- Abortion - medical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ending pregnancy with medications (Medical Encyclopedia)