Diagnosis Code O07.4
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses Maternity diagnoses
Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 638.9 - Attempted abort uncompl
- Failed attempted abortion
- Failed attempted abortion without complication
- Failed attempted medical abortion
- Failed medical abortion, without complication
- Incomplete legal abortion
Information for Patients
An abortion is a procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus. The procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.
The decision to end a pregnancy is very personal. If you are thinking of having an abortion, most health care providers advise counseling.
- Abortion - medical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ending pregnancy with medications (Medical Encyclopedia)