Diagnosis Code B46.1
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 117.7 - Zygomycosis (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Rhinocerebral mucormycosis
Information for Patients
The brain is the control center of the body. It controls thoughts, memory, speech, and movement. It regulates the function of many organs. When the brain is healthy, it works quickly and automatically. However, when problems occur, the results can be devastating.
Inflammation in the brain can lead to problems such as vision loss, weakness and paralysis. Loss of brain cells, which happens if you suffer a stroke, can affect your ability to think clearly. Brain tumors can also press on nerves and affect brain function. Some brain diseases are genetic. And we do not know what causes some brain diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease.
The symptoms of brain diseases vary widely depending on the specific problem. In some cases, damage is permanent. In other cases, treatments such as surgery, medicines, or physical therapy can correct the source of the problem or improve symptoms.
- Basal ganglia dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Brain abscess (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Brain surgery (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Central pontine myelinolysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) collection (Medical Encyclopedia)
- EEG (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hepatic encephalopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pseudotumor cerebri (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)