Valid for Submission
Z76.2 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of encounter for health supervision and care of other healthy infant and child. The code Z76.2 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code Z76.2 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like at risk for delayed development, at risk of impaired infant development, high risk infant, one of triplets, one of twins , risk factor - been on scbu, etc. The code is exempt from present on admission (POA) reporting for inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals.
The code Z76.2 is applicable for patients aged 0 through 17 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code Z76.2:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Encounter for medical or nursing care or supervision of healthy infant under circumstances such as adverse socioeconomic conditions at home
- Encounter for medical or nursing care or supervision of healthy infant under circumstances such as awaiting foster or adoptive placement
- Encounter for medical or nursing care or supervision of healthy infant under circumstances such as maternal illness
- Encounter for medical or nursing care or supervision of healthy infant under circumstances such as number of children at home preventing or interfering with normal care
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code Z76.2 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- At risk for delayed development
- At risk of impaired infant development
- High risk infant
- One of triplets
- One of twins
- Risk factor - been on SCBU