Valid for Submission
T83.490A is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other mechanical complication of implanted penile prosthesis, initial encounter. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code T83.490A might also be used to specify conditions or terms like disorder of implanted penile prosthesis or extrusion of penile prosthesis.
The code T83.490A is applicable to male patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-male patient.
|Short Description:||Mech compl of implanted penile prosthesis, initial encounter|
|Long Description:||Other mechanical complication of implanted penile prosthesis, initial encounter|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for males only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to MALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Disorder of implanted penile prosthesis
- Extrusion of penile prosthesis
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code T83.490A is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 698 - OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 699 - OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 700 - OTHER KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert T83.490A to ICD-9
- 996.39 - Malfunc gu dev/graft NEC (Approximate Flag)
Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00–T98)
Complications of surgical and medical care, not elsewhere classified (T80-T88)
Complications of genitourinary prosth dev/grft (T83)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - Code Updated, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- New Description: Other mechanical complication of penile (implanted) prosthesis, initial encounter
- Previous Description: Other mechanical complication of penile (implanted) prosthesis, initial encounter
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020