Valid for Submission
R68.82 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of decreased libido. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code R68.82 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like diminished libido due to mood or lack of libido or physiological disturbance associated with mood or reduced libido or secondary frigidity.
The code R68.82 is applicable to adult patients aged 15 through 124 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
According to ICD-10-CM guidelines this code should not to be used as a principal diagnosis code when a related definitive diagnosis has been established.
|Short Description:||Decreased libido|
|Long Description:||Decreased libido|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code R68.82:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code R68.82 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Adult diagnoses - Adult. Age range is 15–124 years inclusive (e.g., senile delirium, mature cataract).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Diminished libido due to mood
- Lack of libido
- Physiological disturbance associated with mood
- Reduced libido
- Secondary frigidity
- LIBIDO-. the psychic drive or energy associated with sexual instinct in the broad sense pleasure and love object seeking. it may also connote the psychic energy associated with instincts in general that motivate behavior.
Convert R68.82 to ICD-9
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00–R99)
General symptoms and signs (R50-R69)
Other general symptoms and signs (R68)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020