Valid for Submission
M02.88 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other reactive arthropathies, vertebrae. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M02.88 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like arthropathy in behcet's syndrome or arthropathy in behcet's syndrome of the spine.
|Short Description:||Other reactive arthropathies, vertebrae|
|Long Description:||Other reactive arthropathies, vertebrae|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M02.88 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Manifestation diagnoses - Manifestation codes describe the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Arthropathy in Behcet's syndrome
- Arthropathy in Behcet's syndrome of the spine
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M02.88 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 548 - SEPTIC ARTHRITIS WITH MCC
- 549 - SEPTIC ARTHRITIS WITH CC
- 550 - SEPTIC ARTHRITIS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert M02.88 to ICD-9
- 711.48 - Bact arthritis NEC (Approximate Flag)
- 711.58 - Viral arthritis NEC (Approximate Flag)
- 711.88 - Inf arthrit NEC-oth site (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Infectious arthropathies (M00-M02)
Postinfective and reactive arthropathies (M02)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020