Valid for Submission
M02.859 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other reactive arthropathies, unspecified hip. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M02.859 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like arthropathy in behcet's syndrome or arthropathy in behcet's syndrome of the pelvic region and thigh or reactive arthropathy of hip.
|Short Description:||Other reactive arthropathies, unspecified hip|
|Long Description:||Other reactive arthropathies, unspecified hip|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Manifestation diagnoses - Manifestation codes describe the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Arthropathy in Behcet's syndrome
- Arthropathy in Behcet's syndrome of the pelvic region and thigh
- Reactive arthropathy of hip
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M02.859 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 548 - SEPTIC ARTHRITIS WITH MCC
- 549 - SEPTIC ARTHRITIS WITH CC
- 550 - SEPTIC ARTHRITIS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert M02.859 to ICD-9
- 711.45 - Bact arthritis-pelvis (Approximate Flag)
- 711.55 - Viral arthritis-pelvis (Approximate Flag)
- 711.85 - Inf arthritis NEC-pelvis (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Infectious arthropathies (M00-M02)
Postinfective and reactive arthropathies (M02)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020