Valid for Submission
A04.71 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of enterocolitis due to clostridium difficile, recurrent. The code A04.71 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code A04.71 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like clostridioides difficile infection or recurrent clostridium difficile infection.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A04.71 are found in the index:
- - Colitis (acute) (catarrhal) (chronic) (noninfective) (hemorrhagic) - See Also: Enteritis; - K52.9
- - Diarrhea, diarrheal (disease) (infantile) (inflammatory) - R19.7
- - Enteritis (acute) (diarrheal) (hemorrhagic) (noninfective) - K52.9
- - Enterocolitis - See Also: Enteritis; - K52.9
- - Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) - B99.9
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Clostridioides difficile infection
- Recurrent Clostridium difficile infection
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
A0471 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
Convert A04.71 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code A04.71 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.