Valid for Submission
K55.30 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of necrotizing enterocolitis, unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code K55.30 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like adult necrotizing enterocolitis or enteritis of small intestine caused by radiation or necrotic enteritis.
|Short Description:||Necrotizing enterocolitis, unspecified|
|Long Description:||Necrotizing enterocolitis, unspecified|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code K55.30:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Necrotizing enterocolitis, NOS
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code K55.30 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Adult necrotizing enterocolitis
- Enteritis of small intestine caused by radiation
- Necrotic enteritis
- ENTEROCOLITIS NECROTIZING-. enterocolitis with extensive ulceration ulcer and necrosis. it is observed primarily in low birth weight infant.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code K55.30 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 393 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 394 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 395 - OTHER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
K5530 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- K55.8 - Other vascular disorders of intestine
Convert K55.30 to ICD-9
- 557.0 - Ac vasc insuff intestine (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the digestive system (K00–K93)
Other diseases of intestines (K55-K64)
Vascular disorders of intestine (K55)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020