Diagnosis Code T85.611
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code T85.611 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- mechanical complication of vascular dialysis catheter (T82.4-)
Information for Patients
Also called: Renal dialysis
When your kidneys are healthy, they clean your blood. They also make hormones that keep your bones strong and your blood healthy. When your kidneys fail, you need treatment to replace the work your kidneys used to do. Unless you have a kidney transplant, you will need a treatment called dialysis.
There are two main types of dialysis. Both types filter your blood to rid your body of harmful wastes, extra salt, and water.
- Hemodialysis uses a machine. It is sometimes called an artificial kidney. You usually go to a special clinic for treatments several times a week.
- Peritoneal dialysis uses the lining of your abdomen, called the peritoneal membrane, to filter your blood.
NIH: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Central venous catheter - dressing change (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Central venous catheter - flushing (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Central venous catheters - ports (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dialysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dialysis -- hemodialysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dialysis centers -- what to expect (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hemodialysis access -- self care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hemodialysis access procedures (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Taking care of your vascular access for hemodialysis (Medical Encyclopedia)