Diagnosis Code E63.1
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code E63.1 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 640 - MISCELLANEOUS DISORDERS OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM , FLUIDS AND ELECTROLYTES WITH MCC
- 641 - MISCELLANEOUS DISORDERS OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM , FLUIDS AND ELECTROLYTES WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 269.8 - Nutrition deficiency NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Composition of enteral nutrition inappropriate
- Composition of nutritional intake inappropriate
- Composition of nutritional intake of cabohydrate inappropriate
- Composition of nutritional intake of fat inappropriate
- Composition of nutritional intake of protein inappropriate
- Composition of parenteral nutrition inappropriate
- Imbalance of constituents of food intake
- Imbalance of nutrient intake
- Inappropriate intake of amino acid
- Inappropriate intake of types of carbohydrate
- Inconsistent carbohydrate intake
Information for Patients
Food provides the energy and nutrients you need to be healthy. If you don't get enough nutrients -- including proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals - you may suffer from malnutrition.
Causes of malnutrition include:
- Lack of specific nutrients in your diet. Even the lack of one vitamin can lead to malnutrition.
- An unbalanced diet
- Certain medical problems, such as malabsorption syndromes and cancers
Symptoms may include fatigue, dizziness, and weight loss. Or, you may have no symptoms. To diagnose the cause of the problem, your doctor may do blood tests and a nutritional assessment. Treatment may include replacing the missing nutrients and treating the underlying cause.
- Beriberi (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Kwashiorkor (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Malnutrition (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pellagra (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pica (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Scurvy (Medical Encyclopedia)