Diagnosis Code C10.3
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 146.7 - Mal neo post oropharynx
- Malignant tumor of posterior wall of oropharynx
- Neoplasm of posterior wall of oropharynx
- Primary malignant neoplasm of posterior wall of oropharynx
- Primary squamous cell carcinoma of posterior wall of oropharynx
Information for Patients
Also called: Hypopharyngeal cancer, Laryngeal cancer, Laryngopharyngeal cancer, Nasopharyngeal cancer, Oropharyngeal cancer, Pharyngeal cancer
Throat cancer is a type of head and neck cancer. Throat cancer has different names, depending on what part of the throat is affected. The different parts of the throat are called the oropharynx, the hypopharynx, and the nasopharynx. Sometimes the larynx, or voice box, is also included.
The main risk factors for throat cancer are smoking or using smokeless tobacco and use of alcohol.
Symptoms of throat cancer may include
- Trouble breathing or speaking
- Frequent headaches
- Pain or ringing in the ears
- Trouble swallowing
- Ear pain
Treatments include surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
NIH: National Cancer Institute
- Swallowing problems
- Throat or larynx cancer
- What to Know about External Beam Radiation Therapy - NIH - Easy-to-Read (National Cancer Institute)