Diagnosis Code T25.122A
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 945.12 - 1st deg burn foot (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
There are three types of burns:
- First-degree burns damage only the outer layer of skin
- Second-degree burns damage the outer layer and the layer underneath
- Third-degree burns damage or destroy the deepest layer of skin and tissues underneath
NIH: National Institute of General Medical Sciences
- Burns (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chemical burn or reaction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Minor burns - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Skin graft (Medical Encyclopedia)