Diagnosis Code S96
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code S96 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- 7th Characters: 7th Characters
Certain ICD-10-CM categories have applicable 7th characters. The applicable 7th character is required for all codes within the category, or as the notes in the Tabular List instruct. The 7th character must always be the 7th character in the data field. If a code that requires a 7th character is not 6 characters, a placeholder X must be used to fill in the empty characters.
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category S96
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- injury of Achilles tendon (S86.0-)
- sprain of joints and ligaments of ankle and foot (S93.-)
- Code Also: "Code also note"
A "code also" note instructs that two codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but this note does not provide sequencing direction.
- any associated open wound (S91.-)
Information for Patients
Foot Injuries and Disorders
Each of your feet has 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 tendons, muscles, and ligaments. No wonder a lot of things can go wrong. Here are a few common problems:
- Bunions - hard, painful bumps on the big toe joint
- Corns and calluses - thickened skin from friction or pressure
- Plantar warts - warts on the soles of your feet
- Fallen arches - also called flat feet
Ill-fitting shoes often cause these problems. Aging and being overweight also increase your chances of having foot problems.
- Claw foot (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Clubfoot (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Common peroneal nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Extremity x-ray (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Flat feet (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot sprain - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hand or foot spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- High arch (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsal fracture (acute) - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsal stress fractures - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metatarsus adductus (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Morton neuroma (Medical Encyclopedia)